https://napsandsandwiches.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Conferencecall.jpg 1414 2120 Aileen https://napsandsandwiches.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/cropped-tend_flower_logo-300x300.png Aileen2018-03-31 06:00:192019-10-29 19:54:1715 Reasons Why Conference Calls are Better than IRL Meetings
Meetings can be an endless drain on your time and will to live. Here is a comprehensive list of 15 reasons why conference calls are better than IRL meetings. Feel free to add your own.
- You are wearing your pajamas.
- You are at home and not in a conference room.
- You can stress eat cake and no one knows but you.
- The mute button allows you to say what you are really thinking and no one can hear you. You feel better, no one gets fired. Everyone wins.
- You can put your head down on your desk and rest your eyes while other people contribute. Then, when they are done wasting everyone’s time, you can rouse yourself and say something worth listening to. Remember to unmute yourself before you start talking.
- You won’t get the stink eye for texting your friends or checking social media.
- You can draw pictures of whatever you would rather be doing. No one either judges your lack of drawing ability or draws attention to the fact you are drawing and not taking notes.
- You can get up and make a snack.
- You can get up and go pee as often as you like and there won’t be any pregnancy rumors.
- You can engage in limitless eye rolling.
- You can work on other projects you procrastinated on because you knew this conference call was coming up and you could multitask.
- You can put your feet up on your desk, not because you are trying to look ‘man cool’ but because your ankles are swelling because you ate too much salt yesterday.
- You can watch The Mindy Project with the sound muted and captions on.
- You can use the time to clean out your desk, purse, backpack or whatever else needs decluttering.
- You can make a list of 15 Reasons Why Conference Calls are Better Than IRL Meetings.